Thursday, May 28, 2009

Progress in a Way

Losing my blog has been a real smack in the head. (I'll explain in another post what happened.) I almost don't know what to write. I've had no help from Blogger via the Internet. So I decided to write a letter. I sent it to a Vice President in charge of Blogger and then I Cced a few other people. It might get some action. I hope. (They were €1.90 each to mail. Can you imagine? I mailed a postcard today and it was €0.95. I said, "That's ridiculous.")

I'm meeting with a friend on the weekend to set up a blog on an independent server...I think that's what you call it. The fact that Blogger is so unavailable has sort of colored how I feel about them. I've tried everything they asked on their website and it goes nowhere.

In other news, I spent the day writing and grading tests. I have some finals tomorrow. I'm glad I can use Excel, at least for some basic things. I'm making two versions of the test and making it look like there are four - I have to dissuade them from trying to cheat.

I'm in the middle of knitting a big round lace shawl because I've never done one and I thought I should have the experience. I can see how people fall in love with knitting shawls. This thing doesn't even really feel like it's lace lace. It's just a bunch of yarn overs every third row and knit the other two. It's a Pi Shawl. I'm so tired of doing yarn overs. But the yarn is really pretty, the Estonian stuff.

Thanks for the kind words, those of you who have contacted me. That's sweet. Makes me smile.

No comments: